Angel Investor or Seed Fund Criteria
Most investors want to see the following in a company:
- product or technology that solves a problem
- a strong management team
- high growth potential in a large market
- sustainable competitive advantages (usually proprietary technology)
- probability to earn the investor 10x their investment in less than 5 years
It helps significantly if a company is introduced to us by an investor who comes as our guest, introduces the company at the forum, explains to other investors why he or she invested and then most importantly organizes follow-up meetings with interested investors.
Key Points to be Covered in your Presentation
- Identify the problem being solved
- Your solution and underlying technology
- Product benefits
- Market you are going after
- Go-to-market plan
- Business model
- Investment required
In simple terms, the presentation is a story you are telling much like this: "We are solving a problem with this product, we think we can sell it in these markets where we are finding some competition that we can deal with as follows, we are going to make money using this business or pricing model, we have accomplished a number of things so far and with your investment we will do the following, that in turn is expected these financial results and these are the people that will be doing it."
Very simple, right ?