Nanaimo - Angel Investing for Entrepreneurs and Investors - Jan. 24, 2019
Questions? Contact Irene Dorsman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: Vancouver Island Conference Centre, Nainamo - Nainamo River Room B
Angel Investing for Entrepreneurs and Investors Module
Introduction to angel investing for new angel investors and for entrepreneurs who are getting into raising funds and want to better understand angel expectations
A mix of panel discussions, case studies, and instructor-led group discussions will predominate the methods used.
Workshop Schedule - Nainamo River Room B - Vancouver Island Conference Centre Nainamo
12.30pm Check-in & Networking - coffee and tea provided
2.00pm Break - coffee and tea provided
3.45pm Investor & Entrepreneur Panel Q&A
4.45 - 6pm Wrap up and time for a beer/wine or other drink
Cost $75 for non-members, $50 for members in good standing.
This is a serious half day workshop, not a simple 1 hour overview.
Who should attend: this half day workshop is primarily designed for new angel investors and for entrepreneurs who are getting into raising funds and want to better understand angel expectations
Format: This workshop is designed to be highly interactive for all attendees in a confidential protected environment (no solicitations). The format will be a blend of presentations and panels; a real case example by a local entrepreneur, with lots of time for Q&A and networking.
Expert Panelists: tba
Networking: All attendees are asked to stand-up and introduce themselves in 20 seconds (suggested content could include the name of a company that you are an investor in or founder of and one key issue you want to learn about). This is great for networking among attendees.
Handout Materials: A workbook of the presentation and resource materials will be provided at check-in to aid in your note taking at the workshop. For privacy reasons, attendee information will not be available except to sponsors.
Professional Development: This workshop from 1-5pm usually is accepted for PD credits with professional associations. Let us know if it is not accepted.
Important to Workshop Attendees:
- Bring a friend
- Seating is limited and is on a first completed registration basis. There is no on-site registration.
- No refund or credit but another person may attend in your place.
- Registrants who fail to attend will not receive a refund or credit.
- A workbook of the PowerPoint presentations and Articles is included for note taking
- Coffee/tea available early and mid afternoon
- Networking over drinks included
- Your payment will be receipted immediately via e-mail.
- You will receive by e-mail further details approx. 1 week before the Workshop date.