This module is a part of NACO Academy Module Series.
This highly reviewed webinar is geared to both entrepreneurs and investors. It will take place in one 3-hour session. This is a serious half day workshop, not a simple 1 hour overview and is primarily designed for founders and investors in startup to early revenue technology companies, seeking Seed or Series A stage funding.
Instructor: Pieter Dorsman
This module will show you how to valuate early stage investments and will cover:
- Common valuation practices in Canada and the US;
- Pre-revenue valuations;
- The art vs. science discussion;
- Negative outcomes if the agreed valuation is too high or too low;
- Role of the founders/entrepreneurs in setting the right valuation;
- Role of the angel investors in setting the right valuation;
- Risk mitigation strategies (preferred and convertible structures, price protection);
- Some notable schools of thought on valuation
- Market trends
- Lots of case studies