Webinar: Stock Options - September 30th
For Vancouver Startup Week we are pleased to have combined forces with Harper Grey and PwC for this workshop on Stock Options.
Equity compensation is an essential aspect of compensating key employees and taxation of equity compensation can be complex and is often not well understood. Join Steven Lukas, Prentice Durbin and Jason Cheng in this interactive workshop on the tax and other implications of equity compensation (stock option plans).
In this workshop you will learn:
- What the different types of equity plans are
- Taxation differences between employees and independent contractors
- What are the benefits of being and maintaining status as a "CCPC"
- When do you recognize the benefit and when do you have to pay the tax
- How to qualify for the lifetime capital gains exemption
- What happens in the event of a loss on a business failure
- What are the differences that apply if you hire a US citizen
- Whether you are required to withhold and remit tax to CRA
- What happens on a buyout or share exchange
- Whether to consider having an employee share trust
- Steven Lukas, Associate Counsel and Co-chair, Business Law Group, Harper Grey LLP
- Jason Cheng, Partner, Tax, PwC
- Prentice Durbin, Associate Counsel, Harper Grey LLP
Don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about equity compensation of your employees.
Register for tickets here: Vancouver Startup Week