Workshop: Stock Options - September 24th
Join Steven Lukas, Prentice Durbinn and Jason Cheng in this interactive 1 hour workshop on the tax and other implications of equity compensation (stock option plans).
In this workshop you will learn:
- What the different types of equity plans are
- Taxation differences between employees and independent contractors
- What are the benefits of being and maintaining status as a "CCPC"
- When do you recognize the benefit and when do you have to pay the tax
- How to qualify for the lifetime capital gains exemption
- What happens in the event of a loss on a business failure
- What are the differences that apply if you hire a US citizen
- Whether you are required to withhold and remit tax to CRA
- What happens on a buyout or share exchange
- Whether to consider having an employee share trust
- Steven Lukas, Associate Counsel and Co-chair, Business Law Group, Harper Grey LLP
- Jason Cheng, Partner, Tax, PwC
- Prentice Durbin, Associate Counsel, Harper Grey LLP
This is workshop from PwC and Harper Grey for investors and companies, but not service providers or advisors. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn more about equity compensation of your employees.